Hi I’m new to owning a Honda

SJ21

Hi, 

I brought a Honda Civic Type S lovely to drive.

However, does anybody know what products is best to improve visibility of rear spoiler window that is made of Lexan polycarbonate and has UV damage.

I wonder if anyone knows if it’s possible to replace rear spoiler window with a glass alternative and if this can be done?

I have been quoted 1k to replace and looking for a quick fix in the meantime time cheers.

SJ

148432DF-018E-46E0-B5FD-4BECA1C7F70F.jpeg

• Like 1

Only just joined myself (ie 1pm 24/06/21) so don't want to tread on any experts feet, especially as I will be looking for help myself later.

However have you tried any of the treatments for the plastic headlights, you tube abounds with how to on them but I don't know whats best.

I did get some reasonable results with my sisters Scenics headlights once using houseold CIF paste (I heard toothpaste works) and fine wet and dry plus water, as ever I would test a small area first

and I would hope the trade stuff would work better, although they still look like paste and polishing paper.

You will have to watch the proximity of teh spoiler though.

Hope it helps

Kel

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi 

Don't know if you got this sorted but as an update I have had some good results with Mothers Mag And Aluminium / Alloy / Metal Polish on the Accords headlights and at around £8 its not too expensive

I only tried it by hand , the you tube videos do show it been used with power polishers. I did find the results by hand to diminish the more you did.

You may need more than one tub for that window though, and again watch the spoiler

Regards

Kel

• Like 1