Old Kels intro and 2013 Accord grill question

OldKel

Hi I am new to the site although I have been running Hondas for several years starting with grey imports, a 1.5 CRX on carbs, followed by a DC2 SIR Integra then a DC5 Type R Integra.

as my user name implies "Old" perhaps if I had the  DC5  a few years earlier it would have been great, but as a daily driver it and the roads around here (Staffs Moorlands) the DC5 was bril 10% of the time but a pian the rest.

Went sensible with a 56 plate Accord Estate (being a cyclist hatch's and estates are best). However a bit of mid life crisis went after another CRX but a UK one, saw loads as use to have Fridays off and this was the best but TBH not really.

sill covers off revealed a lot of rust, and probably should have broke it for spares (wasn't todays prices) but stubbornly stuck at it, realising it was going to be a long job bought an 86 Aerodeck to be going on with (that job was laso teh best paid I ever had, albeit short lived). Poor old Aerodecks not been on the road for a few years now, as the CRX is the weekend toy. Last year I bought a 2013 Accord estate Type S diesel (Not without incident).

So currently have a stable of three cars, two taxed.

On my last one I intend on swapping the grill but can't find a manual online, and the ones I have found seem to be for US cars, although I believe I have to take all the front end off, any pointers would be appreciated

Regards

Kel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kel....sorry for the late reply

Welcome to the Club!

Certainly had a good history of cars owned and driven over the years.
Haven't heard the term 'grey imports' for many years now so definitely an age indicator there 🙂

Good to have you onboard!

No probs 

Unfortunately the purple Integra is no longer with us, the last owner ended up in a ditch as I saw an advert for parts on E-bay. 

part ex for a DC5 , that then got part exed at a local Honda garage for my first Accord estate, and since that one appears to have vanished off the face of the planet.

pity I messed up the formatting though

Kel

• Like 1

Had the Rover 220 Coupe Turbo which was Rover's equivalent to the Integra....great car and really rapid for a 2.0 litre.

It does make you wonder where the old motors in one's life disappear off to and totally regret selling some of them 😞

Hi Trevor

Yep always had an appetite for slightly off route cars, even the bus (Accord) is a bit rare being a type S.

biggest regret is selling an old Opel Monza, I restored and had for a long time, I think its still out there, last time it cropped up on ebay at 7k I sold it for £1400.

and it did not look like it had much work by its subsequent owners.

Don't think the same could be said for the Humber sceptre estate , think these were only made for a couple of years, badge engineering before VW, Audi, Seat etc. And sports tourers

try and dig some piccies out

Regards 

Kel

• Like 1

Hi Trev had a 1966 Sceptre before the hunter shaped one, and several Manual Monzas, even looked at one for auction last weekend 25K ooer methinks that's one that wont be coming back to the garage

I did dig some piccies out but seem to have lost the abilty to post them up.

As an admin guy do you know if anyones got access to a british manual for this bumper off operation I am planning next week. only not got a lot of answers yet.

Regards

Kel