Clutch biting point very low

Mason

Hi everyone. I’ve got an FRV 2.2 CTDI. The clutch pedal got stiff so I replaced the clutch, pressure & release bearing. The flywheel is not a dual mass I assume it’s been modified as the clutch kit was an LUK. Anyway the clutch pedal after bleeding over & over has a low biting point & hard to get into gear, so I replaced the slave cylinder which made no difference. I’m thinking the clutch master is defective as I can press the slave cylinder rod back in by hand. If I pump the pedal every time to change gears and in between a change they engage fine. Parts for these car’s are so dear and I can’t keep throwing money at it. Please advise if anyone has had this Issue. My last resort is putting a clutch master cylinder on it. 

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if you found a solution to this? Our car has an intermittent change of clutch biting point/stiff pedal, it is hard to depress approximately half the time and struggles to get into gear. The clutch does not slip though, I had the master cylinder changed first, then the slave cylinder, at the time the problem was very intermittent, but has now started doing a lot more. If you double de clutch it seems to improve, it also doesn't seem to do it when the engine isn't running.  Did you get anywhere with yours? Thanks