Brake pads and disc renewal

I have a 16 registration Honda Jazz (automatic) but have done only 28,000 miles in it.  (I got it less than a year ago with 19,000 miles on the clock from the dealership it had been bought from and serviced by).  It now has just 28,000 miles on the clock but today I found that it needed new brake pads and discs on both front and rear brakes and had to pay £691 for this.  (Same dealership).  I was informed by the dealership / service centre that the 'new' '16 plates Hondas had different brake components and maybe they wear out more quickly.  I think that to have to pay loads of money every 3 years (at 10,000 miles a year)  is unacceptable.  Is this normal or am I just unlucky?

Hi Elizabeth Rider.....welcome to the Club

I would strongly advise to take the car to an independent garage who you can trust and find that the cost would be nearer £350 to £400 for all the discs and pads.
In reality the brake components would be no different from any other car brakes, except for ceramic brake discs as used on supercars, and any quality aftermarket components can be used.

As for wear, the brakes on the Jazz would not wear out any different from any other car. However, being an automatic the wear on the front brakes would be a lot greater than a manual car. Saying that, the rear brakes should not be worn out anywhere near the level of the front brake wear.

Let us know how you get on with this issue

My front discs needed replacing on my old Jazz after 4k miles, Honda tried to say it,s because i only did a couple of thousand miles a year and live by the sea?? They eventually paid up £350 ish i remembet.