Requesting Parts Assistance for a Honda B18C2 DOHC VTEC Integra Type R 1997 engine.

DavidGRS

I have a Honda B18C2 DOHC VTEC Integra Type R 1997 engine installed in a Brooke ME190 kit car. I am trying to confirm the correct specification for the coolant filler cap which would have been used in an Integra Type R car. I cannot find this from Honda because they require an Integra Reg number and VIN number. Does anyone have such car and can provide the specification required ?

Thank you.

I would imagine it would be in the region of 1 Bar and most Japanese pressure caps would be a similar fit
Try your local motor factor once you have taken a measurement of the filler neck diameter and depth

Thanks very much for your feedback. I have an Integra Haynes manual and it quotes 1.4 to 1.8 bar. Also appreciate the guidance on the dimension check. I would really appreciate an owner who has an Integra R circa 1997-8 to check if they have an original Honda fitment with spec markings or can contact Honda on 0345 200 8000 or via https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/contact-us.html with their reg and VIN number to find out the part number and get back to me. I am also contacting dealers and sellers to see if they can assist. Ever hopeful !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 3:05 PM, Trevor said:

I would imagine it would be in the region of 1 Bar and most Japanese pressure caps would be a similar fit
Try your local motor factor once you have taken a measurement of the filler neck diameter and depth

Thanks Trevor. I managed to contact a seller who sent me a photo of an original rad cap which has 1.1 stamped on it, so I will visit a local motor factor accordingly. It's disappointing that we don't have any Honda dealers any more with practical experience. All they have is a computer which requires substantial data to be able to identify a part. I must be getting old but miss the knowledgable counter assistant that can walk to a shelf and provide an OEM part directly !