Little Disappointed

BAZZER RN 1

Hi all you lovely CRV Members, I am a little disappointed with the response received when a Member asks for some help or advice on a subject or problem they are having with their Honda CRV, I have asked a few questions being new to the Honda Mark and usually the only response I receive is from an Administrator ,which is always appreciated, but look how many others have asked for help and very rarely do they get an answer or at least an educated guess at what the answer might be.

I thought I would mention this after looking at how many unanswered  question their appears to be on the Forum. So unfortunately I have now resorted to having go to the expensive Main Dealer to find any answers, I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed this but I feel it is something that should or might be addressed to the other Fellow CRV Members who might feel the same way as I do.

I have a Jaguar X Type in pristine condition ,but occasionally I have a query and ask on the Jaguar Forum and do get a lot of genuine helpful replies as to what might be the problem, surely there are as many CRV Members as on the Jaguar Forum but they do seem to be more responsive to answering a query or question to help the Member.

Sorry if I have dragged on a bit, but believe it is a topic which is food for thought.

Thanks Guys

Barrie RN 1

• Like 1

Thank you BAZZER RN 1 for your post and one which hits the nail on the head quite frankly.

Unfortunately, this Honda forums does tend to have many 'lurkers' and not many 'responders'.
I always try to answer where and when I can but there is very little in the way of interaction like that of some other forums.
So, if any other members out there feel they would like to interact then please jump in with your experiences, knowledge or anything that brings something to the table.

This is a  forum for the members so feel free to join in

Hi Trevor

I completely agree with your comments and perhaps raising this subject might trigger a positive response from some of our valued Members, I joined to be part of the Honda CRV Family and to take part in the discussions relevant to Honda CRV's and to seek advice and hopefully assist other Members if I were able to and always appreciate any replies received , by looking at the forum and the scarce number of actual replies to Members queries it does seem fruitless sometimes even asking for assistance. I have no idea how this can be improved but I think it should be looked at, Thanks again Trevor for your grateful reply to this topic.

Barrie RN 1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Trevor unfortunately the total lack of response to mine and other Members of  requests for assistance exactly illustrates the Point of the No Response Reply in the Forum, although I am pretty sure there are some experienced Members who may be able to assist both myself and other Honda CRV Members but do not feel the need to reply which is a shame, as I thought this was part of joining the Honda Family to try to help others , maybe I was under a false impression in this case.

Come on Guys lets try a little harder to help others

Barrie RN 1

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BAZZER RN 1 said:

Members but do not feel the need to reply which is a shame, as I thought this was part of joining the Honda Family to try to help others , maybe I was under a false impression in this case.

Come on Guys lets try a little harder to help others

Well said Barrie...this is something that needs encouraging across this site, and could result in a quite a buzzing Owners Club forum 

Thanks Trevor, we will have to see if there are any constructive responses, my comments were not meant to annoy or be of a rude nature to any of the Members just to try to get some assistance where needed to all of the Honda CRV Members from colleagues with, or who have had problems with their Vehicles and were able to assist.

Thanks Again Trevor

• Like 1

I totally agree with you, sometimes shock tactics are the only thing that work.
I will move this post to the General Chat section where more members will hopefully see it....and maybe even respond!

I'm sure there are plenty of others out there with the CR-V....a truly wonderful Honda model capable of traversing the pothole-ridden roads of Dorset

I'm based near Ringwood so not too far away I imagine

Thanks Trevor,We are practically near Neighbours, I am in Ferndown, I'm having the Gearbox Oil changed tomorrow to see if it makes any difference to the clunking/ notching when I change gears, I phoned the Honda Main Dealer today to ask if this will improve it and got the answer ," Well you can give it a try"

Not very encouraging really and an expensive give it a try advice.

Got to start somewhere I guess 

BAZZER

Hi Trevor

I always the MOT Garage at Library Road Ferndown , Ollie is a decent guy and will always fit you in when he can so will be taking it there tomorrow for the Gear Oil Change and fingers crossed it will hopefully improve the notchiness on the gear change ,if not I will have to look a bit deeper but at least I will know the Gear Box Oil is okay for a few miles and will let you know if it does improve it. unless you have any other ideas how to move forward on this.

Cheers Trevor

BAZZER

I don't know that garage personally but have heard good things.
It would also be wise to get the rear diff oil changed sometimes as this is a common thing with CR-V's where you get a clunking from the rear diff when you turn hard left or right at slow speed.

Special Honda oil unfortunately but easy enough job to replace and makes a world of difference

Morning Trevor

Cars in the Garage for the Gear Oil Change hopefully it will improve Gear Selection, I don't get a Clunk when turning Left or Right or Reversing  but will look at changing the Diff Oil later, I get a notching effect when actually changing Gears it's not a smooth gear change, Have been told by others its because its an AWD, lots of comments from other CRV Owners of CRV'S on the google website with this Notching Gear Change Problem, but no positive answers on how to cure it, surely Honda must be aware of this problem but after talking to the Main Honda Dealers yesterday they appear not to know about this and can only guess what's causing it , it doesent give me a lot of faith in Honda Expertise I'm afraid.

Will let you know if the Change of Gear Oil does improve matters, if not I hope that maybe another CRV AWD Forum Member might be able to throw some light on this problem ?????

Many thanks Trevor

BAZZER RN 1

• Like 1

Morning Trevor

As promised I would update you, I had the Gear Oil changed and there does seem to a difference in changing the gear selection ,the notching is not so apparent, The Mechanic also advised putting in some Molyslip Gear Treatment which he said he had used before and made a big difference to Gear Changes , So popped off to Halfords and have got some Molyslip which I will add to the new Gear Oil and see if it improves matters even more.

Will keep you and Members updated 

Cheers Trevor

BAZZER RN 1

• Like 1

Thank you for this advice , I have had the Gearbox Fluid changed and some Molyslip put in as well, its a lot better, not entirely eradicated the notching but certainly a lot better than it was, I might try having the Clutch Fluid renewed as you suggest, is your CRV a Four Wheel Drive AWD as a lot of advice given is because its AWD , whether this is true or not I'm not sure 

Thanks for the reply and suggestion which is really appreciated

BAZZER RN 1

I had a Honda Accord 2.1 and the gear change was silky smooth , Had a few comments about the CRV and the general consensus of opinion is that it could be due to AWD , but no one is completely sure if this is the Notchy gear change problem and Honda Dealers have no positive answers either. I would be pleased to know the answer as different people have different views it would be good if anyone who has had this problem with an AWD mK3 Manual 1997cc CRV has found the answer and would let us know.

Cheers and thank you for your reply

BAZZER RN 1