TMA stopped working

The TMA (Traffic master) has stopped working on my 2008 Honda Accord 2.4 EX auto. I think it stopped on April 1st. So the traffic event list, which is invaluable for traffic problems she’s that - no entries exist?  Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so are there any solutions?
nick

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have 2015 crv and a 2020 hybrid ex both stopped working button greyed out, went hunting to trafficmaster etc referred back to honda , dealer says it has stopped broadcasting and no long works ! You have ta and tp ,not the same mot happy use daily on the M1 and other roads , lifetime subscription really for what ! Any one have a work around let me know!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm Honda have stopped the Traffic information in the UK.
After much time spent trying to resolve, I contacted Garmin 2 weeks ago - they stated no reason it should not work.
I contacted Honda Dealer, who a day later confirmed Honda Europe had decided to cease payment (so lifetime subscriptions are pointless - remember that when buying next car!).

I took this up with Honda UK who said it was because safety camera information was provided with traffic information and this was illegal, despite my units never showing safety camera information. They changed their reasoning later to "after extensive research, nobody uses it [traffic information]". Honda concluded that they would be doing nothing (no exchange unit, compensation, reintroduction of Traffic Information), so so sorry dear customer.

Really annoyed at this as I have lifetime subs on 2 Honda cars (2016 & 2017), and Sat Nav is useless (IMO) now. Next cars won't be Honda!

Wonder if there is a legal case here.

Just to add, the dealer said cars up to 2019 had been stopped (Honda UK didn't offer this information, bit like not announcing it - doing it on the quiet), but looks like Jerrmy has a registered 2020 car  - possibly 2019 manufacture?  Either way, it's not good from Honda.

Only way to possibly get a result is for everyone to contact Honda UK and/or start a joint legal case.

I stand by my previous declaration that when the time comes: no future car will be a Honda, shame really as I like both my Civics, but not dealing with a company with no customer care.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Jerrmy, I agree totally, and would welcome Honda Owners Club taking this up with Honda UK or Honda Europe.  I would be most interested in class action.

Note: I have now bought a TomTom for one vehicle but the other is still an issue.  Honda UK are just not interested at all, they won't reimburse the Tomtom, swap the unit in the car for a working unit - or even one which will link to the phone for traffic info to be shown on screen from the app (bluetooth connection alone is insufficient without app link). 

Real pain for me as I know where I'm going, but need the traffic info and alternative routes when necessary (although the last time it cost me at least an hour extra over just staying in the jam!).   As I said before, I wont buy again from a manufacturer who treats lifetime subs as obsolete after a couple of years.

Incidentally, Honda said in one of their reasons (the other was it was linked with safety camera info provision which is now illegal - totally incorrect on all accounts) that they'd undertaken extensive market research and nobody used Traffic Info.  Has anyone actually been contacted by this research as I know of no-one - not even the dealers who are blissfully unaware of the cessation! 

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I've got this problem too.  My recollection was it started after my last update to the Garmin system in my 2018 CRV, but that was about early April, so might have been a coincidence and it might well be the date that is important for it stopping, not the update (which was my second update and has worked first time both times, so I don't think it is anything I could have done wrong.  As I only did shortish journeys in April/May, I didn't notice the traffic not working, but on the M25 last week I was caught in a bad hold up and wondered why I hadn't been alerted, only to notice the traffic was greyed out rather than showing red/amber/green as normal when working.  It is clearly switched on, finds the Trafficmaster signal after something like 30-60s, but won't get info from it.

I've bought nothing but Honda cars and motorcycles since about 1995.  I am minded that this might be my last over this issue, if it's true it has stopped working because Honda Europe wouldn't pay, despite it clearly having a lifetime subscription according to my car.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I own the new Civic type R and also now noticed that the trafic master didn't work what I find a disgrease as I always relyed on it,

I am not English and the sat nav is a god send for me. My misses is thinking about a new car and I will make sure it will not be a Honda anymore

We had Honda's since 2007 but Honda is cutting costs left right and center. Shame always was and is a reliable car but stopping TrafficMaster is something many of drivers rely on.

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, Glamp said:

Just to add, the dealer said cars up to 2019 had been stopped (Honda UK didn't offer this information, bit like not announcing it - doing it on the quiet), but looks like Jerrmy has a registered 2020 car  - possibly 2019 manufacture?  Either way, it's not good from Honda.

Only way to possibly get a result is for everyone to contact Honda UK and/or start a joint legal case.

I stand by my previous declaration that when the time comes: no future car will be a Honda, shame really as I like both my Civics, but not dealing with a company with no customer care.

I have the same problem, but it works in Europe, just not in the UK! 2015 CRV