Henry has a squeak

Recently bought a 2013 gen 4 crv very happy but after driving 300 miles he has developed a very annoying creaking squeaking sound at very low speeds don’t know if it’s a drive shaft a bearing or what I jet washed the discs thinking it might be some grit stuck somewhere that worked for two days but now it’s back also got offered some very nice Mazda 19” alloys same offset et etc everything matches to the Honda accept the centre bore size which I know spigot rings would take care of but on the website selling them they say they won’t fit can anyone say why thanks guys 

Welcome to the Club

I would check the springs and dampers on each of the wheels to ensure there is no damage as sounds like it could have pothole damage occurred which is causing the noise

Not sure about the wheel fitment but definitely worth a try to see if they fit and what they look like first before committing to them and spacers

On 4/13/2023 at 9:20 AM, Trevor said:

Welcome to the Club

I would check the springs and dampers on each of the wheels to ensure there is no damage as sounds like it could have pothole damage occurred which is causing the noise

Not sure about the wheel fitment but definitely worth a try to see if they fit and what they look like first before committing to them and spacers

Thanks Trevor

Hi Welcome to the Club, I have the same annoying squeak on my CRV Mk 3 Exec I cant seem to find the cause ,my Son who is a qualified Mechanic is going to have a listen and if he does find the cause , I will let you know, it might just be the same thing causing the squeak on yours, Its very annoying .

Best Regards

BAZZER RN 1