Battery problems on my 2022 HRV

Ian44

Car was excellent in every way until I left it at the airport for a week while I was away. Battery was flat(2.84v). My local dealer took it in and gave it the latest software update. While it has not gone flat yet, if it is left for a day or two the battery voltage drops to 12.22v to 12.11v each time having been on 12.60v to 12.70 v. Never had this before on any of my previous 6 Hondas. The dealer said that the latest update should cure the problem. I'm not so sure.Anyone help here.

I would probably take it on a decent drive but actually with lights on and fan at max speed. The newer Hondas are fitted with “smart charge” alternators which means they won’t charge unless the load is high enough even if the vehicle is running. Hopefully a few drives like that will cure it though 👍🏻

It might possibly be one of the Battery Cells is defective, I had this problem on my previous Car and bought a new battery , problem solved, it might just be that, GSF had a discount sale on Car Batteries a short while ago , might be worth a go.

Best Wishes

BAZZER RN 1

I have had issues with two batteries, including Yuasa.  Both times it took a long time to diagnose and the last occasion I had to resort to an Auto Electrician who diagnosed it as being 'unstable'.  The battery was still under warranty so I had it exchanged without problem, although I had the cost of the Electrician to bear.  One of the symptons I noticed was the HR-V's reluctance to shut off when idling, but at that time I didn't know what the problem was.