Alarm problem

GerryA

I left the lights on on my 2006 CRV petrol manual and flattened the battery. I took the battery out and recharged it. On reconnecting the battery the alarm went off almost continuously but didnt go off when I plipped the key fob and in fact nothing seemed to turn the alarm off, manual locking and unlocking doors, operating central locking manually or by key fob etc and the alarm carried on going for 20 mins or so. I could start and drive the car so the immobiliser wasnt acting. The alarm would then stop and restart every 10 mins or so untill I disconnected the battery. on reconnecting the alarm would go off at random times even whilst driving??  It has settled down a bit now and stays off most off the time until I lock the car then 10 seconds later the alarm sound for 15 seconds then goes off and stays off..   

Any ideas anyone as to how to fix that?????

Any ideas as to exactly where the siren is mounted? sounds like it is in the roof at the back or side panel of the boot but does anyone know exactly where it is as I might just disable it

Any thoughts gratefully accepted

I believe the siren is in the boot area - anyone know exactly where??

I would try to disconnect, leave off for a while and reconnect (negative lead first off and last on) then upon reconnecting lock the drivers door on the key

Try the fob unlock and lock buttons a few times until they are recognised

Then switch the ignition on and hopefully that should do it

If the fobs don't work then go straight to the ignition with the key and see if you can programme the fobs later

Thanks Trevor, rather weirdly it has now "settled down" and without doing anything it all seems back to normal????  Its almost like it needed time to bed in and get voltages back to normal etc but it all works as it should after a couple of days

• Like 1