Radiator Fan Query

BAZZER RN 1

I need some technical advice Guys, When I switch on the Ignition on the CRV from cold star, The Radiator Fan Starts and goes off after about 5 mins, It then clicks and comes on again and goes off etc, Has anyone else had this problem, I think it is draining the battery when this is happening,  Coolant level is fine ,all topped up, I have changed the coolant Sensor and now at a loss, I could go on changing Sensors, i.e, the Radiator Module and the Radiator Switch and Relays but this is just an expensive procedure. Has anyone had this problem or can help in solving it .Its getting frustrating not knowing what might be the cause.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Guys

Hi All

I have an update on the Radiator Fan Query which may help others, I contacted the Main Honda Service Manager who advised that as the MK3 CRV has no Radiator Fan Switch , it was likely to be the Bottom Radiator Coolant Sensor situated on the left side bottom of the Rad , not expensive to replace from a wholesaler around £ 11.00 but from Main Honda £ 57.00, so not rocket science where to buy this from and the comparative OEM Number is correct. It is a bit of a job fitting it as the bottom engine covers have to be removed to get at the Coolant Sensor, it needs a 17mm long socket to remove it, the coolant system has to be drained down and after refitting the new Sensor has to be refilled with Honda Coolant , it is doable but I have bought the parts and will get my local Garage to do the labour as it needs to be done using a ramp.

So that's the update at the moment, keeping fingers crossed it will solve the problem.

Hope this helps others who may have the same issue.

Cheers All

BAZZER RN1

• Like 1

That doesn't sounds too bad cost wise and to replace in terms of labour

It does sounds plausible and also in the colder season it does tend to knock out sensors.
Let us know how it all goes and fingers crossed it resolves the issue.....either way at least you get a coolant change which is always an overlooked service item

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New Coolant Sensor fitted and topped up with Genuine Honda Coolant Fluid, It appears to have done the trick , will give it a while too see and report back on here.

BAZZER RN 1