Honda HR-V 2002 1.6 automatic judder when starting off.

Hi all again. I have this annoying shudder when starting off from stopped. It only lasts a second, then is gone, until your taking off from being stopped again. The car runs perfectly at all speeds in every other way.

If it were a manual car, my first guess would be to think it would be the clutch, or as its a 4 X 4 prop bearings. May be significant, but it only does this after it has been running at least a few minutes, perfect when stone cold, no shudder/judder.

I am going to try and discount the gearbox, by having a fluid and filter change. If that has muck in it from 86000 miles of use, (no evidence the fluid has ever been changed) that might mess around with the oil pressure and influence the take off. I will report here again once that has been done.

Is there any way I can electrically disable the 4 x 4 for testing to see if its that, which is making the shudder?

If anyone has had the same type of problem, please let me know what happened, and how you fixed it.  Also if you have any ideas please let me know.

Anyway, thanks for reading this, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Eddie