2.0 i-VTEC MPG

Marv

Hi all

I have just purchased a beautiful example of an Accord 2006 2.0 i-VTEC with less than 40,000 miles with full main dealer service. Can anyone share their MPG with me. With mixed urban driving, not toeing it at all, all I can seem to get is 26mpg. I would be very interested to hear other peoples experience.

Thanks 

Hi Marv...welcome to the Forum

That does seem a bit low....I would be tempted to go through a few things to improve the MPG....such as Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Engine Oil, all of which can improve the economy.

After that, then I would consider taking the car on different runs to see where it improves....e.g. motorway versus Dual Carriageway, longer runs, etc.

May also need a clear out by running some cleaning solution through the fuel and giving it a blast up the motorway. Depends on how the previous owner drove it and may not have given it enough of a clear out every so often.

Thanks for the reply. I have given it a motorway run a good 2 hours. I will interrogate the garage where it was serviced to see what they changed. It's a shame I might have to sell it on as it is a beautiful drive. 

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone, 

I hope this forum is still on. I have a Honda Accord 2004 i-VTEC Executive 2.0l Semi-Auto, and I'm afraid I have to say good bye from it. It did over 238000 miles since born and it has a leaking issue (possibly oil) and very hardly speeding up (mostly at the beginning of the journey). I think the best is to sell it for parts. However I don't know things about car parts. So, if you're interested or you know someone, please drop me an email on marti.kovacs@email.com.

Thank you,

Marti

• 2 years later...
On 2/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, Marti Kovacs said:

Hi Everyone, 

I hope this forum is still on. I have a Honda Accord 2004 i-VTEC Executive 2.0l Semi-Auto, and I'm afraid I have to say good bye from it. It did over 238000 miles since born and it has a leaking issue (possibly oil) and very hardly speeding up (mostly at the beginning of the journey). I think the best is to sell it for parts. However I don't know things about car parts. So, if you're interested or you know someone, please drop me an email on marti.kovacs@email.com.

Thank you,

Marti

You should visit a very honest mechanics that can assess the damage and estimate for any repair. If you can just make it run normally even with some oil leak, you can sell it at much higher price. Probabtlu 5-10x more than to junkyards

On 11/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, Marv said:

Hi all

I have just purchased a beautiful example of an Accord 2006 2.0 i-VTEC with less than 40,000 miles with full main dealer service. Can anyone share their MPG with me. With mixed urban driving, not toeing it at all, all I can seem to get is 26mpg. I would be very interested to hear other peoples experience.

Thanks 

How far for one trip did you drive in winter? If it is less than 10 miles, it is normal to have low mph in winter. The only valid way to test mpg is cruising in highway for at least  1 hour in constant speed. 1 full tank im highway speed is the minimum valid mpg you can take a conclusion.  Mix city/suburban drive is too much variable.