Pcv or breather location? 2007 frv 2.2 I cdti

Steve sheargold

118k sounds fine from what I can hear,   changed all filters, air,oil,fuel and oil change bout 2 weeks bk read that it can be pcv not sure if there is one or where its located, checked the egr's with pressure trigger, the both seem OK no vacuum leaks???

I've personally never had any issues with oil consumption and resulting blue smoke.

Two things come to mind, the first one being the correct grade and quality of oil used and secondly whether it needs an 'Italian Tune-Up' at high revs in low gears for an extended period to clear the engine of carbon deposits which could be gumming the rings in the pistons if excessive carbon has built up over time.
My 2.2 CRV definitely benefits from long hard runs and always seems fresher after a good blast....worth a try as costs nothing!

Looked in the service manual told me to use 0w-30 so have done , was doing it before oil change, does this engine have a pcv valve? I've got some archoil 6400 Dmax fuel additive to put in it yet the reviews are outstanding ment to clean all carbon buildup from the engine.

Put the archoil in thrashed the gal abit, at night I emvasise, all seems well trev,  the Italian tunup seems to have worked, got some serious turbo lagg though I've noticed, struggle to get to 4th unless I thrash through the gears??!

The Italian Tune up always works 🙂

The turbo lag will be the same thing, coked up with carbon so gently increase the engine revs over time and this should clear it through