egs

gary

good afternoon to all my fellow Honda drivers

i am in need of some advice 5 months ago the exhaust gas sensor illuminated on my 2014  crv diesel as this sensor is a honda only part the cost was some 250 quid i took the car to my local garage to have the code reader used and they confirmed it i had to shop around for the part as most branches did not have the part in stock i managed to get the part overnight from Honda morecambe and it was dueley   fitted  code wiped no further problems until 18th of june when the code was illuminated again i went to my local garage who used the coder and once more the code was saying faulty egs i contacted Honda morecambe and that the part was showing a code fault he then went on to ask me whitch honda had fitted it i then told him due to honda over pricing there work i had it fitted at my local garage to which he replied that i should take it up with them i said i had and they will refit the new part for free and as the part is a genuine  from honda i can have it fitted where i choose and not effect any warranties  to which his reply was we need to have it tested at a honda dealer the charge alone for just connecting up the code reader is 105 pounds and he told me it could be a wiring problem so i said so we dont believe the code reader ?  So does any one know if this part can be tested or are there any other faults that can cause this problem that i am not aware of thank you for any advice

If it were me, I would try to find another sensor (new one) and take a resistance reading from it to compare the one on your vehicle to ascertain whether it is the sensor at fault.

Equally, I would also examine any wiring leading to the sensor connection and check for damage or corrosion issues.

One other thing to bear in mind is how tight it has been taken down to, too much and this can damage the sensor body and allow unregulated air to enter the measured stream.