Front wiper motor died - replacement everything!

My 2009 Honda Accord Tourer Exec wiper motor packed up. Thought I could replace just the motor, Cox Honda parts say the whole assembly (£615) has to be replaced, not just the motor. Is this correct, anyone know? Regards, Graham (Cornwall)

Hi Graham....welcome to the Forum

Is it definitely the motor that has failed (e.g.have you put power to it directly?) or is it a relay or wiring fault?

Maybe a secondhand unit is the way forward as would be a lot cheaper and only has one job to do 

Those who know of such things told me the relay was the fault. Then told me the relay was integrated within the assembly, rather than separate as in most Honda's. I did consider a second hand unit, but having had this car since new (Oct 2009), and with the intention of keeping it for the foreseeable future, and given it's relative uniqueness, a 2.4 Petrol - apparently there's less than 250 in the UK of this model (so a chap at the dealership told me) I've not seen another petrol Tourer ever -  maybe spending the £615 means I shall get another 11 years out of the wipers. To answer your question, I've not put power to it, but a friend has, and 'nothing'. Thanks for responding. Most of my family have Honda's, Jazz, and this car after 100,000+ miles, it still makes me smile each time I get in it. Graham 

Tough call, but if you spend the money then at least it is peace of mind.
However, I would check with the dealers that they can guarantee the new mechanism solves the issue rather than fit it and find it is just a wiring fault for example.