Honda Accord 2012 battery question

Major

I have a Honda Accord 2012 Viii ADAS 2.4

Time has come to get a new battery.....thought it would be easy.

Original battery seems to have some sort of plastic frame work around it. Is this something Honda put around the original battery or am I restricted to a particular size.

What to get a good battery and wondered if this battery from Amazon would be ok? Would if physically fit    Bosch S4 Car Battery Type 075 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Car-Battery-Type-075/dp/B005XVUA9C/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&dchild=1&qid=1610379561&s=automotive&sr=1-1&vehicle=45-588-7803-29481--1&vehicleName=Honda+Accord+VIII+2.4+i

Help much appreciated

make sure you get the correct size etc., L x W x H. and that the connectors are in the same position, in your case at the rear and + poss on left and - neg on right.

size you get from your original battery - it`s the only 100 % way = like for like.

Hope this helps

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Go to Cox & co. In Morecambe.  They are great for Honda parts at good prices . Give your reg. and you get the right parts. Used them many times for genuine Honda batteries , floor mats etc. etc.

I have no connection with the company but recomend them , on my 14th Accord now - sad or what ?

Now have a 2013 EX 2.0l after a 2.2l diesel and genuine Honda batteries for each cost under £80 delivered. 

Hi, thanks for the info, will check them out - 14th Accord wow ! 

What do you think of this "electric" nonsense (only my opinion) The government said years ago "Get diesel - best thing since sliced bread" and look at where we are now ! Now if you have a diesel car you are are leper ! And what will your next car be ? No Accord in UK !!!!

Cheers