New Members Saying Hello!!

Hello all!.Just signed up here.  I may not be a typical member...🙃

OK. I'm 72 and got my Honda in 2012 from my brother, who is younger than me.  Most people are... He had it from new in 2004. It's a 5 door 2.0L Type S..which I believe is a fairly uncommon beast. Still only on 72000 miles after 17 years. All original and I have no interest in modifying or customising it. Just hoping it lasts well enough to save me buying another car before I start dribbling or forget my name etc. 🤣.

I'm long past the days of changing engines on the drive in midwinter etc, so I leave most work to younger fitter chaps these days, but I do change the oil and filter regularly, plus other 'consumables' as necessary.

Amazingly, the only 'repairs' needed from new are calipers all around and an exhaust.  Everything just works and keeps working.

But...  (There's always a 'but'.. 🙂..) I have a short list of minor issues which I'd appreciate help on.  Thing is I think Honda screw everything together a bit too well, so that getting to certain bits can be a bit of a challenge. If anyone could offer advice, or point to relevant threads, I'd be very grateful.

1. Need to change a broken front foglight.  Do I need to take the bumber off to do this?

2. I'd like to get the (original) radio out to see if there's an 'Aux' input that could be used for rigging inputs from devices such as phone/MP3 player or whatever.

3. I broke the bonnet release pull.  I always prefer to do proper repairs and not bodges.. but I've seen the aluminium replacement/repair on Amazon for a few quid.  Anybody used this? Will it fit RHD?

4. 'Type S' badge on rear has faded red to pink and won't come back. Replacements are cheapish but... Is existing glued on or screwed on?  I can't really tell.

Look forward to hearing from folks.  I may even get back some enthusiasm for more involved maintenance..

Edited by CivicCol

Hi CivicCol......welcome to the Club

Type S Civic.....getting quite rare on the roads now so worth keeping it up together to realise a good price for it when you go to sell it in the future.

The questions you ask would be better placed in a new topic in the Civic section of the forum as more members (specifically interested in the Civic) may be able to answer a few of them.

Good to have you onboard and good luck with the maintenance tasks

• Like 1