Bit of a Sad Story

Kend

Hello There,

I bought a Honda pre-runner to the Civic in 1985 as a run about. She didn't last long. Next was an Accord Aerodeck which was a USA import and was a cracker. She lasted for 4 yours and was part exchanged for a Camper Van. Then in 2008 I bought a CRV VTEC Sport. I had her converted to LPG and kept her until October 2021. The Air Con had ceased to function and the quote was £700 plus she needed a lot of work  (£1500) to get through the MOT so sadly she had to go. Now the sad bit, I have lung cancer and it is terminal and I was given 3 months to live in 2019 so I decided to give up driving. I hated it, I had to rely on my wife to go anywhere and with covid this was a real pain. When my CRV went i was sad and depressed so 7 weeks ago I decided to live again and I found and bought an HRV 2001 3 door 4WD VTEC that was just run in with 156000 miles to its credit. Cost me £650 and off I went to get this car up to scratch. First a full service, change all the fluids etc. 2 new tyres on the front and eveything to do with the anti roll bars changed. A full valet and headlights polished and given a ceramic coating. All this saw off £700.

Now it smells nice and a parcel shelf has been found and I am beginning to think a few bits from the Jazz fit well. So hello again I am slowly getting the body tidied up and then it will be polished and this wonderful mini CRV rides again. Ken

• Like 1

Hi Ken.....welcome to the Club

Sorry to hear of your poor health.

As regards the HR-V, it is an often overlooked model in comparison to the CR-V which is what most people want.

Although it is still virtually the same car sharing a lot of the mechanical components.

Enjoy it and get some miles on it now it is sorted

Good to have you onboard!

• Like 1