How to drain a fuel tank on a non-runner - 2001

jayn5

Hi all,

Without going to the polava of pulling the fuel pump out, is there any way to drain a fuel tank with an engine that doesn't run?

It appears to have an anti-siphon on the filler neck, and I can't see a drain plug. Car has sat for 7yrs with a half tank of very old disgusting fuel in it, and the last job I need to do to get it running is to flush the fuel system.

ESM states remove the fuel return line at the pump, run the engine until it siphons itself out, but that isn't possible because the engine isn't firing up due to the old fuel.

Any ideas or am I just going to need to pull the pump out?

2001 VTEC sport -1.8 F18B2 engine

If you were to disconnect a fuel hose, say going into the fuel filter or fuel rail (before it gets into the engine/injectors, etc) then switch the ignition on then the fuel should flow into a container via the fuel pump.

If not then there are companies that can evacuate the fuel safely and will do it on your driveway.

Ensure that the vehicle has ample airflow to avoid any build up of flammable vapours and nothing that can create a spark