Gear Linkage 2005 CRV

Alan gsd

Gear linkage advice please, when I had Transit vans I found that if I kept the linkage lubricated that it kept changing gear very smooth, told about doing it by a RAC guy who came out when I couldn’t get any gear because it was too dry.

My CRV is the best car I have ever had, the finish and all the extras and the doors shut better then a Golf!! My only little niggle is the gear change can be a little stiff,  can someone tell me  where I can find the gear linkage so I can spray it with Duck Oil please. Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I have previously sprayed any part of the linkage (inside and under the bonnet especially) and still found it to be a little stiff.
Slower gear changes are in order with the CR-V and I think its the sort of vehicle that requires that style of driving. Other cars I own are superb at quick changes but then they are made for that or at least encourages you to drive them like that 🙂 

Another thing I was told was that I keep under the bonnet to dry so on my transit over time ihe linkage jamed up and after a good spray of duck oil was good to go again. And your right about driving style I found it very strange to start with after a ford!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...