Fuel Prices

Alan gsd

See the fuel prices are on the up again, same every year at hoilday time the prices always go up. Many years ago I managered a service station (Chevron Oil Co) !!! and the prices were always increased at those times because people are normally going out and about more.

Remember - Texaco, Regent, Total, anymore??????

Fina was another. Is Duckhams oil still about? Remember the Tiger tails you had hanging out the filler cap - Esso puts a tiger in your tank!! - before that something similar to smurfs promoting 'happy motoring'

Shell with the half of a money note - 10/- or £1 that you had to match up

Green shield stamps - 30 fold!! save them books......

and what about the go fast pinline that you stuck on your car.....

Never drove your car without your coton backed driving gloves and sunglasses on......

and your name and your girlfriends acrossed the top of the windscreen,,,,,,

• Like 1

Gosh, you are showing your age Alan 🙂

However, I do also remember most of the ones you mention

Car Coats, Driving Gloves, Rug on the rear shelf (all of the aforementioned to keep you warm if you didn't order the optional interior heater)

Rugs!!!!!! if only you could find a girl who wanted to share it😀😍

I just remember the horse drawn milk cart...... they knew every stop on the round

Postmen on bikes in red suilts.......

Red Barrel and Double Diamond........

Shops closed for a half day every week, closed every day at 6pm none open on a Sunday apart from paper shops, .... and not a supermarket in sight.

And your were served at the pumps!!!!

• Like 1

Remember................ trips away and collecting those little flags that you stuck on the back windows to show where you had been ..... the waving hand (and nodding dog) that you had at the back window...... anyone have the traffic lights hanging in the back window - went red when you braked, amber when you had your foot off the brake but not moving and of course green when the accelerator......cost me £1.10/- to have wired in (£1.50p for you younger members!!)

6ft flexible aerials.....

• Like 1