Fuel Experiment

BAZZER RN 1

Hi Members

For my own interest sake I have just carried out an experiment on Petrol Fuel with my 2008 Honda Exec 1977cc Mk 3 Manual Gear change Vehicle after having a full service done with new Spark Plugs ,All new Filters and Engine Oil Changed.

So to begin with I nearly emptied the Fuel Tank which was showing Low Fuel and then filled up half way up with a well known Supermarket Brand Unleaded Fuel ,It seemed to be okay, few little starting problems which I put down to the weather and a couple of hiccups from the Engine which had never happened before, Then after the Tank showed Low on Fuel I filled up half way again with Esso Unleaded Petrol of the same grade E5,  I am pretty sure this was not a Placedo Effect , but the car felt so much better, in performance and the general running of the engine so much smoother and responsive.

My conclusion is that the Esso Fuel was much better for the Honda and as a consequence I will now not be using Supermarket Fuel and continue to use Esso in future.

Would be interested to hear if any Members have this same opinion.

Happy Safe Motoring

• Like 1

That's some experiment to under take!! If it's still the case its all comes down to what and how much additives each company add to their fuel. When the tankers were in the livery and belonged to a certain company they all got their fuel from the same processing plant like Purfleet in Essxe. Esso, Shell, BP, and I'm sure some others have their own blend of additives while the supermarkets don't use any..

Supermarket fuel was always a good bit lower in price than the well known one's now they are just 'competitve' with others in their area, think its 5 miles.

Filling stations around Fenland can be 10p or more a litre diffrent within that area.

I have noticed and found that since I've bought and driven my stream then fuel consumption has increased significantly over my civic. Of course it is much bigger car as has 7 seats and is also 2l engine but I'm really struggling and want to go back to my civic, in town getting around 200 - 250 and motorway 300 ish