Glow plug dash light

Neil

Hi, I have fitted 4 new glow plugs and a new relay but I sill have to turn the ignition on and off for about 20 to 30 times for the glow plug light to come on? Once the light coms on then quickly off, engine starts fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Hi Trevor, thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if you understand my situation. The battery is new just to cover that. Glow plugs new and relay new. Dashboard glow light only comes on after 20 or 30 on off turns. When glow light eventually comes on, it quickly goes off and car starts and runs fine. The issue is getting the Dashboard glow light on. I don't understand why it takes as many key turns?

ah right, I now understand.

That is an odd one and wonder if the relay is at fault or getting all the appropriate information (such as coolant and ambient temperature) if the system is not kicking in at first start on a cold engine.

Maybe also look at the connection on the relay to see if any corrosion or damage is present

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 5:12 AM, Neil said:

Hi Trevor, thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if you understand my situation. The battery is new just to cover that. Glow plugs new and relay new. Dashboard glow light only comes on after 20 or 30 on off turns. When glow light eventually comes on, it quickly goes off and car starts and runs fine. The issue is getting the Dashboard glow light on. I don't understand why it takes as many key turns?

I have the exact same problem I can't find a solution I've changed the relay and Glow plugs but problem still persistent I've been told it may be the coolant sensor if you find a solution please forward to me many thanks