2014 CR-V Clutch Pedal sticking to the floor

Dave7000

Hello Everybody,

Please forgive if this has been discussed before as did a quick search but couldnt find anything

I have a 2014 2.2 Diesel manual CR-V and when setting of in first the clutch pedal sticks to the floor and the car then wants to go forwards on its own, the gear is also locked in place and have pull over using brakes to turn car off and then try pop the pedal back up,

also does this in reverse but seems not to in 2nd or 3rd (not gone above 3rd as its pretty much undiveable now so didnt go far or fast.

the car did this a couple of times in the middle of summer and a garage i took it to for a quick look had no idea, it then didnt do it for months until now.

the fluid was dirty but not that bad i think and has now been replaced hoping it would fix it as way cheaper option but still same issue.

Any ideas before i try get it to a garage somewhere as the one i would use is closed for christmas now.

Thankyou all and Merry Christmas

Dave

Hi Dave.....welcome to the Club

It does sounds like fluid as a first thought but may also be the slave cylinder or release bearing inside the gearbox sticking.
Its a tough one to diagnose but would also be worth someone looking under the pedals to ensure that nothing is holding the pedal down (piece of trim, etc)

Please let us know the outcome of this one

Hello and thanks,

The actual peddle is not sticking on anything no and only stocks down when the car is in gear, just been to a garage who i was recomended and they said it was probably a cylinder / hydraulics as well but they are very busy until mid january.

i use this for my business so time to look at leasing a new car it seems as canot do without a car.

I will keep you posted when i do get it in to a garage.