Honda Civic saloon advice

Simon

Hi everyone

I am mainly here as I have never ever driven a Honda before apart from a test drive on an auto 1.6 diesel SR about 2 months ago which I liked.  I am currently looking at a year old Civic saloon 1.6 diesel SR.  I was wondering if anyone had one, any thoughts, real world mpg and anything else you could think of that may help advise me before I buy one!

I currently drive a BMW 118d sport automatic 5 door so that’s what I am transferring from.

My reasoning for looking at this car is reliability, running costs, practicality (future proofing for a potential family), warranty due to age and I actually like the look of the car.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon....welcome to the forum

The Civic will be miles apart from the BMW in so many ways but it is a difference that is positive especially with the future proofing, reliability, etc.

I don't think you'll be disappointed but maybe worth driving a few first just to make sure you like it or even look at the CRV as a potential....an absolutely fine vehicle for every situation and I couldn't think of a better family vehicle that delivers such a superb mpg, comfort and reliability

Let us know how you get on and when you get a Honda

I love the look of the saloon in SR spec and I have a potential deal on a polished metal one.

I will certainly test drive one beforehand - does anyone have a saloon diesel and have any sort of owner review?  What sort of real-world mpg are you getting?

Thanks

What sort of real world mpg should I expect from the CRV?  The only one I would buy is the 1.6 diesel 120 bhp.  Would people buy an extended Honda warranty if getting a used one (e.g a 66 plate) or would you be pretty confident of no real problems?

I don't think the extended warranty is really needed as the CRV is a very reliable vehicle but it is always good to have for peace of mind.

The 2.2 CDTi when driven conservatively can achieve around 45 mpg and for a vehicle of this size thats pretty good.

Not sure of the 1.6 diesel though, but should be too far behind the 2.2 and also more suitable for shorter journeys