CRV Tyres

Hi Andy.....hope you are staying well?

I would not compromise on tyres, definitely not cheap budgets as usually from China an lethal in the wet (and the dry also)....very bad experiences with these in the past.

Stick to Dunlops if you can otherwise, Michelin, Goodyear, Avon, Continental or Bridgestone are other good makes.

May be worth checking the wheel alignment as the rear alignment can usually be out slightly and affect wear on the front tyres.

The rear suspension is adjustable so ensure that anyone carrying out alignment adjusts the rear first, will make a difference to the handling also as tend to pull to camber on the left if unadusted.

Take care,  Trevor

Hi Trevor yeah all safe in the family, but the wife has lost her father and her best friends mother to the virus. Hope you and yours are all well.

I had Nexans on the Accord 30K no problem, so may give them a try. A tyre shop in Farlington have Bridgestones for £110 each if you buy two, they are normally £135.

Take care 

Andy 

Sorry to hear about your wife's relatives and friends succumbing to the virus....its a difficult time all round really 😞

Bridgestones would be my personal choice if they weren't a huge amount more than the Nexans, which are also a good tyre as well

• 1 month later...

I recently bought 215/55 R17 Apollo Aspire tyres for my 2004 Mk2 Crv, I did lots of research and ended up where I started! Used Blackcircles and the prices were keen but the delivery service was shocking. Ordered 4 tyres, 3 arrived next day and then took a further week to get the 4th! Anyway I'm pleased with my purchase maybe a tad noisy after Nexan's I had earlier. I've now had 15", 16", 18" wheels and now settled on 17" wheels as being the best for ride comfort and for choice of tyres.