Honda Jazz 59 reg completely dead not battery

gem

Hi 

We have a 59 reg 2009/2010 Honda Jazz. Literally never gone wrong. I’ve replaced the tyres and the battery 2 years ago. Today it died. It doesn’t appear to be the battery as we tried to jump start it. I’m calling the AA out tomorrow but they may charge £99 to come out. Only strange thing that’s happened is both our keys have been playing up, I thought mine was running out of battery or something. But I didn’t know my partners was also doing the same. Any suggestions before calling AA out as money is a bit tight at the moment? 

Thanks in advance 

G

Hi....welcome to the Forum

Not sure if you have resolved the issue yet?
It sounds more likely the vehicle battery at fault as this can cause issues with the locking and immobiliser.

If the battery fails a deep discharge test and also bear in mind the cold weather will definitely affect battery performance then I would replace it with a quality item.

Halfords can test and replace your battery at a reasonable cost

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had my 59 Jazz for six years and I had to change the battery twice. The first battery was a premium RAC one and I couldn't believe it when it failed within the warranty period. The RAC came out and tested it said it was okay and refused to honour the guarantee. That cost me £30.

When the battery failed again a few weeks later I  got my local garage to fit a cheap one. It seems the small battery on a Jazz works very hard and needs replacing every few years

My advice is just get a cheap one as soon as you start getting problems .