Power Steering whining

iceman2010

Hi there everyone,

a few years ago I replace one of the o-rings on the power steering pump as the fluid was bubbling and getting a whining sound when driving.  This resolved the issue then but this has now come back and I can't find the part number anywhere.  Does anyone have this please?  It was an orange o-ring.

Thanks

Hi @iceman2010

I had this a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly it's the one marked number 11 on the parts diagram. (That site is useful to keep as it has loads of parts diagrams)

I think that was the original part number, however I believe they changed it from black to red/orange at one point to improve it. I think, again from memory, the replacement part number is 91345-RDA-A01. I think that's the main one.

There is also another one on the other side which is 91370-SV4-000. I think I had both o-rings changed at the same time but have read elsewhere online that this second one might not need doing. My mechanic said for the extra cost of the o-ring it was worth just doing it and save more potential problems later.

When I did it, replacing just the o-rings wasn't enough, I also had to have the power steering fluid replaced as well.

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I've just replaced both o-rings and all the fluid and it's noticeably quietened down the whining.  I called Cox motor parts to check which ones to get and they confirmed the ones on their website was suitable for my 2006 2.0L FRV. Make sure you also get genuine Honda power steering fluid as well.

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-power-steering-pump-o-ring-set/?gclid=CjwKCAjwjdOIBhA_EiwAHz8xm88C3SmLwIns9ejl9iErfbaXU6sA84jwUciDjP26XA7sEf3kO9K_lBoCyYkQAvD_BwE

• Like 1