Advice requested on repairs to air conditioning system.

Ian Currell

My air con is not working and wondered if anybody out there has a contact who could repair this problem for me?

The fans are working but there is no cold air coming through the vents. Local garage attempted to repair but claim the unit is broken and will need to be replaced.

I have checked with the local garage following a recent service and they quoted close to £500 to replace the unit, this is money I dont have currently following redundancy in 2020.

Hi Ian......welcome to the Club

It sounds like the air con system is not working and its just running off the standard heater system.

There is an issue with the air con relay which can be sourced from eBay at little cost (Denso relay).

You then have to reset the air con system .... plenty of info on YouTube how to do this and if it has triggered the engine management warning lamp then this will need to be reset

Let us know how you get on with it

• 1 month later...

I had a new pump/compressor fitted 3 hyears ago as my A/C packed up, I just had a clicking as the pump cut in and out, now it has just stopped working again, however this time there is no clicking just no cold air. Could it be the pump again (after 3 years???) or just needs gassing?

• 3 months later...
Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

Nevuk was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 25 points.

There is a way to reset the aircon, which worked for me, with the ignition off press and hold down the heated mirror button, switch ignition on but don't start the car whilst still pressing the heated mirror button use your other hand to press the off button 5 times within 10 seconds once pressed 5 times turn ignition off then restart your crv and see if that works , it worked on my honda CRV 2010  aircon working now 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Ian

Might be a bit late replying but as Trevor has said first thing and the least expensive is to check the Relay which is shown in the Fuses location in the Handbook , Mine had a similar problem, replaced the Relay and cured the problem

BAZZER RN 1