AC condenser replacement

Cornish

Hello to all,  My Civic mk9 2.2 idtec condenser is leaking and my local Honda garage was going to charge me £700 to replace which i think is asking too much.

Just thinking how easy to replace it myself, just needs re gassing afterwards, i have basic mechanical skills but never had to do this sort of work. any reply's will be very grateful.   

@Cornish

I got a local garage to do it all in including a regas for £240 and that was by far the best price I got quoted so £700 sounds like a awful lot of money but then again it's main dealer so you'll always pay more and bare in mind they use genuine honda parts with 12 months manufacturers warranty. 

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your reply, I think i will have to bite the bullet on this one, as where i live which is very rural, a stones throw from Lands End, my local garage don't have air con facility's.   So Honda it is, i did contact Honda again to see if they can reduce the price, and they can offer a non genuine condenser for the sum of £500. so, its a little better.  So its booked in on the 30th Sept.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

good morning b4u2, sorry for a late response.

Yes i had it fixed, at the price stated, so nice and cold now, not that i need cold air blowing through at the moment when the temp outside is cold, but it certainly helps and preventing demisting the windows , so thumbs up, also at the Honda garage (Rowes Honda Hayle)  they did a full health check of the car and flag up a couple of issues, not serious, and no pressure to get it fixed by them, Handy i managed to fix it myself, it was the drop links on the front which was getting a bit worn.

• Like 1