Air Con repair

Alan gsd

Took my CRV for a re gas to be told it needed the conpresser replaced at a cost of around £270 fitted, to be honest it's the first car I've had with air con, it's always beed open the windows in the past. Do you think that a fair price, and is it really worth worrying about I don't do loads of miles now...any views on air con please

Alan have you checked the Air Con Relay , Just a thought, I had the same problem and it did turn out to be the Relay which was faulty. got one off of EBAY and all good to go now, a lot less expensive than a new compressor.

Hi Alan ,Didn't have to get the A/C Relay checked I could see by the relay casing that it was faulty, but in any case I believe from memory that a replacement A/C relay for my CRV Mk3 on Ebay was only about £ 15.00 so I would have bought one anyway to use as a spare. its worth a punt Alan at that price, make sure you enter the exact details of the existing Relay when you buy a new one, and its just a matter of unplugging the Old and plugging in the New.

I haven't had the time to get the Royal Black Tyres fitted yet, I've been very busy with installs in Care Homes and Schools

• Like 1

On my 2008 Mk3 CRV the air con relay is in the fuse box at the rear of Engine compartment, triangle shaped box near to the Battery on the Passenger Side , when you remove the fuse box cover look at the instruction for the  number of the a.c. relay , mine is R6 in the box, If in doubt check the owners Manual or if you don't have one , go on Google and look for Fuse Check.com put in your vehicle details and you can get all info on all the Fuses and Relays for your Car, print this off for future reference

Hope this helps Alan

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Bazzer RN 1

Printed out the sheets from Fuse Check.com and sent for the relay from ebay, seen the video on youtube, had the top off the fuse box, opened by tool box and put my overals on and now await the relay arriving..... so be going in soon now, see you on the other side ....and not  “You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!”.............hahahahahaha

Bazzer RN 1 HELP - SOS - went and checked the fuses as the youtube video said to do, looked for the relay but I'm sorry \i failed the misson - could I find it no. The owner manual tells you all the fuses and what relays there are but doesn't show there where abouts. even the one's I have printed the box and layout don't match mine.

I've sent 2 picturs could you piont me towards the life boat!! can you give any help in finding the relay please.

Hangingg my head as I send this

Cover.jpg

Relays.jpg

Hi Alan

Mine is a different layout to yours I'm afraid, mine is number R6,  20 Amp A/C Condenser Fan Relay.

Looking at the layout you attached it does appear if some are missing this might be your problem from the start but I might be wrong, I think its best to be absolutely sure you either phone the Main Dealer and ask which Relay is the A/C or go to see them and ask the question ,better to be safe than sorry .

Sorry I cant be of more help Alan unless one of the Administrators can help

Hi Alan the A/C Relay on mine is 20 amp ,it might be worth plugging the new relay into the empty sockets just to see if the relay has been taken out for some reason by someone before you bought the vehicle, it does seem strange to have some relays missing in the Fuse Box, I suppose its your call Alan and apologies for not being to help more.

Have a good weekend, Its Ringwood Carnival Today and the Red Arrows are supposed to be booked to fly over at the opening at 1.30 today.