CAR INSURANCE INCREASE

BAZZER RN 1

Seen that Car Insurance Companies are blaming the increased high cost of Car Insurance this year on Electric Cars , I am not a fan of Electric Cars but this comment by Insurance Companies seems to me to be a fob off by them to unjustifiably penalise all Motorists to increase the insurance costs

What do other Members think ???

Not a fan of Electric Cars? nor am I and won't be having one, As for the insuramce why should we pay more, let those that have them pay the extra.

The problem with things like this we just put up with it unlike the French who kick off and often get things changed.

My car insurance has almost doubled this year with no claims, shopped around and all the same, insurance companies of course have to deal with floods, fires and all the rest, in a sense the motorist is a captive cow because by law We have to have it, just got to suck it up I'm afraid 😨 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 4:08 PM, Alan gsd said:

Not a fan of Electric Cars? nor am I and won't be having one, As for the insuramce why should we pay more, let those that have them pay the extra.

The problem with things like this we just put up with it unlike the French who kick off and often get things changed.

" Electric cars won`t be having one " want to bet ? when the government ( all flavours ) decide to put tax up to £1500 a year for petrol or diesel and fuel cost up to £20 a litre and reduce the ULEZ threshold so that cars that are compliant now - no longer meet the new " revised " limits - 20 mph speed limits ( yes its coming wales has done it already ) will you have a choice ? They have already doubled car insurance rates - irrespective of your driving record - if you have a bump your insurance company will state " beyond economical repair " and right your car off - PLUS have you noticed that car companies now stock very few vehicle spare parts ? the term " OBSOLETE "  is another way of getting petrol/diesel cars off the road !!!! Take all of the above into account and then say " electric cars won`t be having one " Think I am joking - Watch this space !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Come the revolution brother !!!!