If you have dogs or cats

Alan gsd

Being a big dog person....

I wouldn't dream of giving my dogs food, treats or toys from China, Thailand, Vietnam and the like.  The word 'China' and 'dog' conjures up images of dogs being beaten to death, throats cut, put in hot oil and cooked alive and eaten  – images I would rather not have seen. In the US there are dogs that died of kidney disease after eating treats from China

Perhaps the majority of people don't realize or maybe aren't concerned about the origin of the products.

I’m told also of pet food manufacturers buying from China and adverting they are from the UK. Some get away with it by saying – they are packed in the UK, they just miss out the bit about being imported from China!

What pet food brands are made in China?

China Pet Food Company List include

• ADM.
  • Affinity Petcare SA.
  • Alltech.
  • Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. (Wellness Pet Company Inc.)
  • General Mills Inc.
  • Mars Incorporated.
  • Nestle (Purina)
  • PLB International.

PLEASE know that if you choose to buy any treat made in China, your pet may be at risk. Chicken jerky treats, chicken tenders, chicken strips, chicken treats, or sweet potato treats, they can all pose a potential threat.

Many deaths have been caused from two chemical additives that were present in some of the food: melamine and cyanuric acid. When both melamine and cyanuric are present in pet food, they form dangerous crystals in the kidneys of the dogs and cats who ingest them.

Toys made in China, for example, have a higher rate of toxins and lead found in their toys.

I’m told that all the supermarkets and the big retail pet stores sell treats from China

UK made Pet Foods include

The Dog Takeaway  …….. www.petaroni.com

Bucher’s Dog Food – www.butchersdogfood.co.uk

Albion Dog Food -  www.albionpetfoods.co.uk  Food UK treats Poland

Alan

• Like 1

Welcome Trevor, cross check who owners the brand, some are very clever at making statement like UK based, produced in the UK etc when often it means it's made in the EU, China etc and just packaged here for resale.

• Like 1