2009 crv loosing battery charge

Ben

2009 crv drive it one day, leave it a day, not enough charge to start the car.

Changed battery no different. Need to charge battery day before we use it.

Advice please.

Hi.....welcome to the Club

This is quite common with vehicles not being used much during lockdown periods.
Also, quite often the battery is an original or old one that has been in the car for many years and they do degrade over time and the long rests tend to finish them off due to the sulphating process.

I would recommend buying a quality battery and if there is a choice then go for the best one you can for your money.

something is discharging to earth running the battery down make sure you have everything turned off i had this problem a few years ago and thought the battery was suspect still the same problem after fitting a new one this was not on a Honda i traced it back through elimination and found it to be the rear wiper motor was seizing up and NOT parking properly WD40 did the trick

It could be a similar situation then with anything that hasn't been used for a while so it would be a process of elimination by disconnecting the fuses one by one whilst measuring the battery voltage drop and/or current draw

Would probably start with the alternator to see if thats draining the battery

Hi thanks for the replies.

I obtained a tool to look at power loss. With it connected it shows battery draining. I then removed every fuse and relay, the radio, heater control, bulbs, and still battery draining.

A meter across the battery shows 14.5v with engine running.

The sat nav radio says the disc is unreadable see dealer, would this stop a phone being connected?

No, the satnav discs not being readable should not affect the audio as far as I can see.
If the battery is draining with the engine and ignition off (and the doors closed so no interior light on) then i would probably look at the alternator being faulty.

• 1 month later...

Hi sorted it now, removed the Bluetooth module, which is by the gear stick, car is now fine.

Any ideas on getting Bluetooth back in car without replacing this unit?

Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 years later...