Tourer tailgate closing

David Goulty

Tailgate opens every time with fob but fails to close. Tailgate light on dash constantly illuminated. If it opens I assume sensors are clean and operating also gas struts and motors work ok. No noises when fob pressed to close like beeps or whirring sound. Tried over a number of years to solve this so any further advice please

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have 54 plate Accord 2.4 auto exec Tourer - when cold the tailgate opens off the fob, gets to fully open then beeps and closes again ---- in warm weather it works perfect, both opening and closing - even off the button on the tailgate - this tells me the motor, wiring, switches etc., are all working fine - I am going to fit new hydraulic struts shortly but need some advice as to how to get to them ( they are hidden beneath the roof lining ) I don`t want to start pulling it apart without a bit of guidance - nothing on youtube re :- the Tourer, only the saloon.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:25 AM, David Goulty said:

Tailgate opens every time with fob but fails to close. Tailgate light on dash constantly illuminated. If it opens I assume sensors are clean and operating also gas struts and motors work ok. No noises when fob pressed to close like beeps or whirring sound. Tried over a number of years to solve this so any further advice please

Does it close ok with the button on the tailgate ?

Hi, any ideas on how to remove the roof liner at the rear - I don`t want to sart pulling it apart without some idea as to how ! I don`t want to break anything -Any advice welcome, thanks

• 6 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 8:13 PM, jimbojim said:

Does it close ok with the button on the tailgate ?

Hi, closes fine with button - also with the fob at anytime of year hot or cold, I think it must be some kind of temperature sensor ?