Serpentine Belt query

DavidW

My 2009 2L petrol CRV has just had a new serpentine belt fitted by the local independent garage I have used and trusted with all my cars, BUT I think its been fitted incorrectly in that the flat side of the belt is riding on the ribs of the AirCon pulley. I am going to take it back and get it checked.

My question is where can I find a diagram of how it should be routed?

I've looked everywhere on the internet and can only find US spec ones and diesel ones with the power steering pump of course I don't have!

Yes I thought  of that but fortunately I didn't do it as it would have been "red face" time as in the end it was "driver error" or senile brain syndrome. The guy at the garage ( who I've known for years) was very calm and helpful as he pointed out my error. I was looking at the wrong pulley!  

• 2 weeks later...

They have had issues with air con pump pulleys disintegrating so maybe yours is on the way out and is displaying the symptoms you describe.
Look at how the pulley runs with the AC switched on and if there is any deflection when running

• 4 weeks later...