P0235 Knock Sensor 1 No Signal

ec5780

Hello

Just wanted to share my experience. 2006 Honda FR-V, 2.0L petrol.

Started to get this code coming up. At first I ignored it for a while hoping it was a one-off (there was also another possibly unrelated fault as well that was also causing the yellow light to come on).

I decided to investigate it so I had the mechanic reset it and within 15mins it had already come back on again, before I had even gone home.

Seeing that the part from Honda costs around £150 I ordered this one from eBay and asked my mechanic to fit it.

image.thumb.png.e6a3da4761a52d4ddb517071a8d684ee.png

Two days later the light came back on again. I am not sure that the above is as genuine as it seemed, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy one directly from Honda and hope for the best. Sent the one back from eBay and received a prompt refund, and so far all good with the new one. Only loss really is that I've had to pay the mechanic to do the job twice.

Edited by ec5780

What was the lamp

Do you mean which warning light? It was the yellow 'engine malfunction light' which looks like the outline of an engine

The fault code was as per the thread title, except I got two digits swapped round, it should have been: P0325 Knock Sensor 1 No Signal

Edited by ec5780
clarify and update with response to the question

Sorry, serves me right for not reading the title correctly

Sometimes, knock sensor signals can become corrupted by electrical interference and a classic one for causing this is stray High Tension lead/coils breaking down and leaking HT into the wiring loom (especially if in the immediate vicinity)

Also, check the fuel octane you're using and maybe jump to 98 Super Unleaded to see if this makes a difference on the engine knock

• 4 months later...

I have the same exact issue, I've replaced the knock sensor twice whith an after market sensors but the light continues to persist.  I'm not in the position to purchase a genuine part so I've just been drive for a while whith the light on, bit the car now hesitates when pulling of and my mpg display 26mpg average.  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...