Air con

Mark59

Hi all sorry to ask another question but we have a leak under the car every time we use the fan in the car on air con or not and there is a pool of liquid under the car when we have parked up. I have checked all the fluids that I can and taken the car to the garage but he cant see anything. I thought it might be a leaking air con but it also happens with just the blower on. Thank you again for any advice.

This is normal as the air conditioning when it is switched onto 'recirculate air' extracts the moisture from the air and expels it under the vehicle when you stop, you will then notice the pool underneath

It is sometimes not a good thing to have the A/C switched onto Recirculation and should switch it to Fresh Air instead as it dries out the interior air a little too much

It happens to my cars all the time as always using my air conditioning. Totally normal. Even once had the aa out and he confirmed it was water underneath the car coming from the AC. Funnily enough his brand new van also had water dripping under which is the proof it's normal. You can read up about it online.