Honda Legend 2008 ball-joints

norm

Hi,

I'm looking to source parts/information, so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Just had front n/s lower suspension arm replaced because the ball joint was worn...part cost me £670. I'm now needing to replace front o/s one, and the 2 rear hubs (again because ball joint worn). I've priced them all with Honda and parts are going to around £1500 plus VAT plus fitting. 

Does anyone know if the ball joints can be replaced on their own (without replacing hub/suspension arm), or, apart from Honda, is there anywhere else these parts might be sourced?

I think the first thing to establish is whether the joint separates from the suspension arm to then be able to source the joint separately and press into the original arm?

You may stand more of a chance sourcing just the joint rather than the whole assembly

Can you post up a photo of the joint in the arm

On 10/25/2023 at 8:17 AM, Trevor said:

I think the first thing to establish is whether the joint separates from the suspension arm to then be able to source the joint separately and press into the original arm?

You may stand more of a chance sourcing just the joint rather than the whole assembly

Can you post up a photo of the joint in the arm

Hi.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I've been advised that the whole suspension arm (front) and hubs (rear) need to be replaced according to honda..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi norm, try to find a local dealer/mechanic and get a quot Honda are known for there outrages pricing - I had a hydraulic steering pipe burst recently - Honda quoted £350 + vat just to buy the part - I bought same part from a dealer on eBay for £32 inc. post, I had it fitted by my local mechanic who charged me £68 inc. oil top up and vat

Good luck